Thursday, June 5, 2008

At work! !

Often I have been engrossed in my own thoughts that usually result in no conclusion!! These thoughts vary from old school memories to contemplating over what next? Offlate I have been going through all that i did in the year gone by... because this is all i can do when I'm free at work these days.

My work (AAh!), its like being confined in a penthouse(all luxuries provided) with no connection to the outside world. The seniors here are always trying to figure out new ways by which they can torture us junis.. Lucky them, they dont even work half as much as we do, and take home handsome pay packets! I generally see them glued to the phones, watching latest flicks on their laptops, chatting with peers and not to forget monitoring our movements.

I guess its human to crib for what we dont have, and keep longing for the things we dont possess. And I’m no less! ;) Though I don’t regret joining the firm, but the idea of being socially detached just gives me jitters. At work we are not supposed to carry any gadgets & can one imagine life without the internet huh??(Though they allow access in the library) I enjoy the privilege of the so-called "Flexible timings", but the workload just ruins the fun.. Initially I was the only one but now some of my friends have been recruited in the "torture-cell" as well! So now i have company.

Coming back to the previous year, Id say it was quiet an eventful one. Met all sorts of people, went through highs and lows, tried new things...(curtains ;) ) the list is endless!

It all started with me joining a new college! I guess school is a more appropriate word to use. With a hell lot of restrictions imposed, it better be called a school. There are professors who are after our lives to complete the assignments (which are done on the way to college) and to top it all our dear "Director", who has made sure that the students dont get any sort of comfort. The only recreational place that I can write about is the cafeteria. It is usually bustling with students of all streams! One can find the latest fashion from the streets to the high end shops, barring a few who are deeply lost in their studies. God help such souls!!

Initially I thought Il not b able to find a group of like minded people(which is quiet true also), but I did! We are a group of six (one having left now bringing it down to five ), with personalities poles apart. Each one is unique in his or her own way. While one speaks a lot, the other is usually quiet. One is hyper active while the other is so lazy that he'd prefer attending lectures at home!
Altogether we are a lively gang of umm... I dunno what! All of us have only one trait in common, i.e. "We love killing time!!" With so many restrictions imposed one tends to try breaking the rules. Our discussions comprise of endless bitching sessions(who says guys dont bitch), which usually end up on a happy note. We have been consistently bunking lectures, and trying out the weirdest places to bunk! I cant believe it that I’m saying it but ya I have become used to my college, and I hope the time left here goes by smoothly.

Now I guess I should resume work, or else Il have to do Home-Work the thought of which makes me feel sleepy! ;)

3 comments:

monica said...

Vry true dear!!
Our seniors don't have much work in hand...I must say Your observation power is gud.It must b really tuf for u guys to survive without any gadgets in 'jail'.
The way you have described our gang deserves accolades,we are so different yet we r still together...three cheers to our gang
I must say there's a budding writer hiding within you...bring her out.
Keep posting...looking forward to your updates.

sobhit said...

hahahahahhahaha lolzzzz like alwaz had 2 start wid a gud laf.... i mean d blogger bug sure spreadin ... gud hai.. n so much bein analysd bout d so cald group... :P hmmm dats interestin... koi nahi its pretty gud 4ur 1st blog.... way 2go gurl... n trust me ours is d coolest trainin... othr ppl hv 2 report like vryday wid fixd timi hrs ,, dey say y go far away look at monica yaa... bsyds 4 sm tym u cn stay away ur gadgets yaa... lyf istn dat bad widout dem aftr all... chal koi nahi hopefully all 6 wud catch up soon.. baki as monica said keep bloggin ... kafi sach samne nikal kar aata hai .lolzz n ya u sure included d so cald seniors 4m work ... guess i know who u talkin bout d movie watchin guy.... chal cya n tk cr catch ya soon

abhishek said...

hmm, it was quite well written as contrary to the views of the author of this blog, i liked the college part , and its seems u have landed in some hectic job ..